A weekend to quieten the mind and come back to the body
Open Ground workshops offer an opportunity to …
- cultivate a close connection to the earth and the radiant energies of loving kindness
- befriend your body and unpattern tension and anxiety
- touch the deeper places where you are well supported and nourished
- quieten the mind and come back into the body
We will be exploring:
- Kum Nye, a Tibetan Buddhist slow-moving meditation
- Somatic Meditations to take us deeply into the body
- A guided Loving-Kindness meditation to meet and open our heart
- Somatic Movement Exercises to release tension and holding patterns so that pain can dissolve and freedom of movement can be enhanced
- Creative Expression using pastels, crayons, pens, etc to deepen and crystallise your experiences – and promote further insight and integration after the retreat.
This weekend is a taste of the style and focus of the Open Ground Teacher Training programs, Workshops and Retreats that are planned for 2020.
This is a great weekend to de-stress and relax. When the fear of space is overcome, it can become your greatest friend.
Taste for yourself the richness of Buddhist teachings and Somatic explorations in the beautiful West Coast town of Raglan.
9/10 NOVEMBER 2019
November 2019 Workshop Registration
Two full days with Dyana Wells and the faculty of Open Ground.
In Raglan, Waikato, New Zealand.
$180 per person.
Payment by Bank Transfer: ANZ
For information about Raglan lifestyle and accommodation.
I found it absolutely fascinating to learn how and why the body works as it does. Dyana related each and every aspect we covered right from the cells to how they relate to the practice of yoga. This knowledge will definitely make me a better teacher, and there are many ways that I will be able to integrate it into my teaching.
I found Dyana really inspirational. – Juliet Slovgrove
Open Ground and You
Anatomy & Physiology
Redefine your concept of the body through a modern understanding of the organ systems of the body, including the nervous, digestive and muscle systems.
Use this understanding to provide
- pain relief and management
- trauma recovery
- relief from patterns of stress and fatigue
Learn the basics of neurophysiology and somatic techniques – and their role in integrating the mind and body.
Discover how mindfulness practices and loving kindness meditations can alleviate depression, anxiety and addiction
Ideal for …
- Yoga Teachers
- Meditation Teachers
- Complimentary Therapists
- Wellbeing Counsellors
- Individuals looking for self healing
- Seekers wishing to understand life more deeply
To live with more freedom from both physical and mental suffering.
To manfest the beautiful qualities of
- loving kindness
To experience a more integrated and wise way of being.